The Genome Clinic offers specialist diagnostic and advisory services to patients and families with wide range of common and rare genetic and genomic disorders. The genome clinic offers the opportunity to consult with Professor Dhavendra Kumar, one the leading medical genetic consultants in the UK.
Specialist services include:
- Inherited or familiar cancers (for example-Breast/Ovarian; Bowel and others)
- Inherited or familiar neurological disorders (for example- Muscular dystrophies; Alzheimer’s dementia; Motor neurone disease; Huntington’s disease)
- Paediatric genetic disorders (for example cystic fibrosis, metabolic diseases, autism etc.)
- Birth defects and multiple malformation syndromes
- Genetic or genomic testing- diagnostic and predictive/pre-symptomatic
- Inherited cardiovascular conditions, ICCs, for example Long QT syndrome; Familial cardiomyopathy, Marfan syndrome and sudden cardiac death etc.
- Inherited metabolic disorders (for example familial hypercholesterolemia and others)
- Genetic counselling on wide ranging genetic disorders and reproductive decision making, for example prenatal diagnosis, pre-implantation genetic diagnosis
- Personalised medical risk review and advice based on genetic/genomic information
- Expert Medico-legal review related to birth defects, genetic conditions and identity disputes
We understand that seeking advice on genetic and genomic conditions can be a challenging and distressing time. During your consultation we will fully review your specific circumstances and options to ensure you are able to make informed and correct decision that might have long term implications on you and your close relatives and probably in the extended family. Prof. Kumar is an internationally renowned clinical genetics expert on wide ranging genetic disorders with a special interest in inherited cardiovascular conditions (ICCs). The Genome Clinic provides a comprehensive specialist service for a number of genetic diseases and as well as new emerging complex genomic disorders. Referrals related to any genetic disease or specific situation, for example prenatal diagnosis or pre-implantation genetic diagnosis are welcome. Your patient and family members would receive expert clinical genetic assessment, advice on genetic risks and genetic counselling.