TERMS AND TARIFF- Effective from 1 June 2023
|Genome clinic||£ 300|
|Follow up consultation||First free|
|Further follow up consultation||£ 200|
|Review, advisory, and|
|Genetic and Genomic Testing|
|Specimen collection and transport||£ 100|
|Chromosome analysis (Karyotype & FISH)||£ 350|
|Array comparative genomic hybridization (Microarray chromosome analysis- MCA)||£ 750|
|Molecular (DNA) test (single disease)||£ 750|
|Next generation multigene panel testing||£ 1500|
|Clinical/whole exome sequencing Including Copy Number analysis||£ 2000|
|Whole genome sequencing Including interpretation & full validation||£ 3500|
|Carrier testing / Predictive genetic testing|
|i) Single gene testing/mutation||£ 350|
|ii) Panel carrier testing||£ 750|
|Fetal chromosome analysis including QF-PCR||£ 500|
|Fetal genetic testing / prenatal||£ 750|
|Preimplantation genetic testing||£ To be advised|
|Medico-Legal review-reports / Expert Witness||£ 300 / hour|
|NB- 1. Minimum 25 hours for a typical Family / Civil Court case 2. Please contact for negotiated fee for Legal Aid case 3. Crown cases- as per agreement with the Legal team or CPS|
|Legal costs / Court attendance||£ As per Court|
- Qualified/ accredited (UK & USA) Consultant in Clinical Genetics and Genomic Medicine. Wide and long experience in all genetic and inherited diseases. Experience in all medico-legal matters that require expert genetics opinion and evidence.
- Referral could be either self-made or through your Family Doctor or a Specialist Doctor.
- Your full written instructions are required, together with any relevant information you may have, and confirm your agreement in writing stating my engagement on these terms and tariff.
- Genetic consultations are offered either in the Genome Clinic, Spire Cardiff Hospital or online via Zoom or any other virtual conferencing network.
- All genetic and genomic diagnostic and screening investigations are outsourced to one of the fully approved and accredited genetic or genomic laboratories.
- Consultation fees and costs for genetic/ genomic testing are as per the current tariff set out in this document.
- All medico-legal and expert witness cases are judged and accepted as per on the individual case only.
- All professional fees and related costs for medico-legal work are calculated from the time of accepting instructions and as per specific agreement.
- The Lead Solicitor or Barrister is responsible to provide all necessary and supporting documents.
- The Lead Solicitor or Barrister is required to process, approve and assist in settlement/ payment of all fees and expenses